Apple often releases new versions of the iPhone operating system. The most recent update is iOS 13, which was released in September 2018.
- If you want to upgrade your iPhone, you can do so through iTunes or the Settings app.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone and then go to General > Software Update. The update will start automatically if everything goes according to plan. If it doesn’t, you’ll need to install it manually by following these steps:
2. Connect your device to a computer with iTunes installed on it using the USB cable that came with your device.
3. Install the latest version of iTunes (the same version that came with your device).
4. Open iTunes and click on “Check for Updates” in the upper-right corner of the window that appears when opening iTunes for the first time after downloading an update from Apple’s servers (or when selecting “Check for Updates” from within another program). This will begin downloading and installing any available updates from Apple’s servers onto your computer — which may take up to a few minutes, depending on how fast your Internet connection is — and then restarting your
You can update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS by following the steps below.
Step 1: Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
Step 2: Tap on General and then tap on Software Update.
Step 3: Tap Download and Install to begin the download process. The download will take a few minutes depending on your internet speed.
Step 4: Once the download is complete, tap Install to begin installing the new version of iOS on your iPhone 6.
If your iPhone 6 is out of warranty, you can still get the latest version of iOS. To do so, you’ll need to find a compatible iPhone 6 with an unlocked bootloader and jailbreak it. Once you have the software installed on your device, it’s time to install the latest version of iOS.
Before doing this, make sure that you have enough storage space available on your computer or mobile device. You’ll need to download the new software, which will take up about 500 megabytes of space. It’s recommended that you back up your device before starting this process.
Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
If your iPhone is running an older version of the operating system, you can upgrade it to the latest version of iOS. To do this, you’ll need iTunes installed on your computer, as well as a USB cable.
Connect your iPhone to your computer using the USB cable. If iTunes doesn’t open automatically when you plug in your device, you can launch it from within iTunes by clicking on the ‘iPhone’ icon in the top left-hand corner of your screen and selecting ‘Sync’. After syncing is complete, your phone will restart and begin updating itself.
You can update your iPhone using iTunes or directly from the Settings app on your device.
If you’re updating your iPhone with iTunes, make sure you have enough battery power to finish the update. If not, plug in your device and wait a few minutes before continuing.
To go directly to the Settings app and check for available updates, tap General > Software Update. Or go to Settings > General > About > Software Update to see if any new updates are available for your device.
Why can’t I update my iOS on my iPhone?
If you’re having trouble updating your iPhone, you may be one of the many people who have been trying to update their device but are unable to do so. In most cases, this is because the phone has not been connected to Wi-Fi or an available cellular data connection for some time.
If this is the case, we recommend restarting your device by holding down the Sleep/Wake button and home button at the same time for about ten seconds. This will restart your phone and allow you to connect to Wi-Fi or cellular data again.
How do I upgrade my iPhone 6 to iOS 14?
The easiest way to upgrade from earlier versions of iOS to version 14 is through iTunes on a Mac or PC computer. You can also use an over-the-air (OTA) upgrade if both devices are connected via Wi-Fi or a cellular data network, but this is only recommended for new devices that haven’t been used with an earlier version of iOS yet. For more information on how to perform an OTA update, please see this article: How To Upgrade Your iOS Device Using iTunes
The process of upgrading an iPhone to the latest version of iOS is fairly straightforward. However, there are a few things to keep in mind before you begin.
For example, if you’ve created a new Apple ID recently, make sure that the account information is entered correctly. You can’t sync with iTunes if the account doesn’t match your device’s serial number. If you’re not sure how to update your iPhone 6, start by downloading and installing the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
Here are four ways to install iOS 13 on an iPhone 6 or other older model:
1) Download the appropriate version of iTunes from Apple’s website (32-bit or 64-bit). It’s important that you download either version if you want to be able to sync music and videos from your computer or devices such as an iPad or iPod touch.
2) Install iTunes on your computer and connect both your phone and computer via a USB cable or Wi-Fi networking connection. Make sure that you have enough free space on your phone’s internal storage for all apps, media files, and other information; otherwise, some features may be unavailable until you delete unnecessary content from the device. If necessary, transfer files from one device to another using the File Sharing functionality built into OS X 10
If you have an iPhone 6 or later, and you’re running iOS 13 or earlier, here’s how to update your device:
1. Make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network and that it has at least 50% battery life left.
2. Open the Settings app and tap General > Software Update.
3. Tap Download & Install from the pop-up window.
4. If prompted, enter your passcode or Touch ID fingerprint, then tap Agree to allow this computer to make changes to this iPhone for the software update.
5. Tap Download & Install when prompted again. Let it download updates in the background while you continue with these steps:
6. Tap Open when asked if you’d like to open the downloaded file or Go Home and come back later if needed (if prompted).
7. Tap Install Update when asked if you’d like to install an update now (if needed). Let it install updates in the background while you continue with these steps:
8. Tap Open when asked if you’d like to open the downloaded file or Go Home and come back later if needed (if prompted).
The short answer is that you can’t.
If you have an iPhone 6 or newer, then you will be able to update to iOS 19 when it goes live in the fall. If you have an iPhone 5S or older, then your device is eligible for the public beta program and can be updated to the latest version of iOS 12 with no problem.
Apple has released three separate updates so far, each one coming with new features and some new bugs as well. Unfortunately, your iPhone may not be able to support all of these updates at once — even if it is running iOS 12 or lower — so you’ll need to make sure your phone is compatible with each one before installing it on your device.
If you’re having trouble updating your iPhone to a new version of iOS, don’t worry. Here’s how to fix it
1. Make sure your device is plugged in and the battery is charged.
2. Open Settings on your device and go to General > Software Update. If this option isn’t available, there might be an issue with your device or it might be broken or damaged. You can check this by plugging in a different device and trying to update it with iTunes. If iTunes sees your other device and recognizes it as “compatible,” then you know that something is wrong with your current iPhone — try another charging cable or USB port if necessary, but otherwise contact Apple Support for help.
If you still can’t update using iTunes, then follow these steps:
3. Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on (Settings > iCloud > Backup). If it isn’t turned on, turn it on now by going into Settings > iCloud > Backup > Turn On. If iCloud Backup isn’t available, try turning off Find My iPhone before proceeding with these steps (Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone).